- Excellent Salary + extensive benefits package on application
- This successful Traffic Engineer can be based in either Cork or Dublin
- Rapid career progression within an expanding team for the successful Traffic Engineer
Our client is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Traffic Engineer to meet their ever-increasing project portfolio and successful positioning on frameworks with local authorities and the NTA. The successful Senior Traffic Engineer will lead the delivery of schemes for public and private clients. He/she will be responsible for providing services ranging from transportation assessments, traffic engineering and management through to the design of urban traffic control systems. He/she will be expected to manage a wide variety of projects in both the public and private sectors with a minimum of supervision.
Current projects include:
- The development and preparation of Transport Strategies for large towns and Local Areas
- The design of a number of significant bus priority schemes (preliminary and detailed design)
- The design of cycle lanes and other cycle facilities in urban and rural environments including greenways (preliminary and detailed)
- The design of various traffic management schemes (including environmental improvement and traffic calming schemes of towns and villages
- Providing transport related advice and services to support high profile clients in the development of large residential, commercial and educational developments including the development of major new towns and Strategic Development Zones
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent and ideally a post graduate degree.
- Be Chartered or close to becoming Chartered
- Traffic Engineer with 5-8+ years traffic and / or transportation engineering experience.
- Have extensive knowledge of current transport policies and design standards
- Experience in the management of small to medium sized transportation projects, teams & budgets
- Have experience using ARCADY, PICADY, OSCADY and TRANSYT
- Knowledge of further modelling software such as Vissim/Paramics & Saturn
- Ideally be proficient in in modelling software such as Junctions 9 and TRANSYT/LINSIG
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent Salary doe
- VHI & Pension
- Life Assurance
- Modern Offices
- Travel to work scheme
- Paid Institute Membership
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent accredited CPD programme
- Route to Chartership offering a full and comprehensive mentored programme supporting engineers in attaining Chartership.
If you are a Senior Traffic / Transportation Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.