We have an excellent position for a Senior Structural Engineer to join a medium sized well established civil and structural engineering consultancy in their Dublin office with occasional visits to their UK office. The successful Structural Engineer will be responsible for the design and management of a range of projects. Typical projects include Industrial, Commercial, Government and Residential developments. The ideal candidate will have a legal understanding of Latent Defects Insurance. This role offers a fantastic opportunity for career growth.
Role / Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered with Engineers Ireland.
- 7-8+ years experience in the analysis and design of Structural typical projects.
- Ensuring that all aspects of design works are backed up by proven procedures, calculations, and disciplines.
- The ideal candidate will have a legal understanding of Latent Defects Insurance.
- Assisting with ongoing site-based projects in terms of design development, feeding into inspection plans and the role of ancillary certifier as required under the BCAR regulation.
- Be familiar with Eurocodes / British Standards
- Have fluent English and have strong report writing skills
- Salary €60K – €70K+ doe
- Excellent bonus (circa 10-12%)
- Access to company car
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Institute Membership
- 20 days leave per annum rising to 28 days leave
- Excellent CPD programme
If you are a Structural Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Alice Condon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin. Caroline Herlihy has in excess of 20 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally. 16102