Senior Structural Engineer is required for a permanent position with an multi-award winning international firm of designers and project managers. Our teams of highly skilled professionals provide industry leading solutions for complex construction projects. We have expertise across the fields of geotechnical, civil, structural, water, energy and marine engineering. We offer a rare opportunity for talented, driven, hardworking engineers to really be part of the projects we work on.
- Working as member of a project team to deliver quality services to clients.
- Ensures all marine designs are in accordance with set standards and all recommendations are robust, value-based and commissionable.
- Ensures that designs are delivered on time to our clients.
- Inspects structures and construction work and ensures that all aspects of design are correctly implemented.
- Monitors processes and results and ensures that they comply with relevant safety, legal, ethical and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to make appropriate judgement and decisions and exercise initiative.
- Ability to prepare tender documentation to a high standard.
- A minimum 2.2 Degree or Masters in Civil/Structural Engineering with 5-7 years minimum detailed design experience.
- Proven technical knowledge of specific subject areas.
- Ideally experience in the design and inspection of marine structures (not essential).
- An understanding of port and harbour operations.
- An understanding of marine environmental issues and constraints.
- Experienced & confident with report writing and presentation skills.
- Can communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and outside agencies and build effective working relationships and always aiming to exceeding client expectations.
- Adheres to all Codes of Practice, Design Standards and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Excellent salary (€60-€70k) + benefits package
- Free parking
- Excellent flexitime
- Mileage & expenses
- Employer will contribute 5% to the Pension
- Travel to work scheme
- Accredited CPD programme
If you are a Senior Structural Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.