Site Engineer required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor. Our client has a great reputation in the industry and supports career development. This is the ideal role for a Site Engineer who has about 3 years post-graduate experience and wants to forge a career with a company who are working on some of the largest and most iconic projects in the country. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar.
- Set out the works and ensure that foremen and operatives understand the information provided.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Traffic management on site, being able to coordinate works within a busy location.
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure programme targets are achieved
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records – site diary, concrete cube register, records of deliveries etc.
- A third level qualification in Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in setting out or site engineer
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred.
- Experience managing traffic for a large-scale site in a city centre location.
- Proficiency in use of Engineers Level, EDM/Total Station
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Project, PowerPoint etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivating to deliver on safety, quality & programme
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full driving license
- Travel allowance / Company vehicle
- Great benefits package
- Strong opportunities to progress
If you are a Site Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Sarah Ellis for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 22 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.