Senior Site Engineer with strong leadership skills required to join one of Ireland’s leading Civil Engineering Contractors. The site engineer’s responsibilities include managing different parts of construction projects, supervising crew members, preparing estimates for time and material costs, completing quality assurance, observing health and safety standards, and compiling reports for different stakeholders. You should be able to work alongside various professionals and create work schedules that meet deadlines.
To be successful as a site engineer, you should demonstrate strong analytical and logical thinking skills. Outstanding candidates should display a superb work ethic and thrive under pressure.
- Managing parts of construction projects
- Overseeing building work
- Undertaking surveys
- Setting out sites
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Supervising contracted staff
- Ensuring project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or similar.
- A driver’s license.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Additional certificates or licenses may be required.
- Sound knowledge of Engineering, construction, and design.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb project management skills.
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn.
- Safe Pass
- Manual Handling
- Salary circa €65k – €75k
- Company vehicle/travel allowance
If you are a Senior Site Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.