Senior Resident Engineer with 10+ years’ experience, required to join a leading engineering consultancy with offices in Dublin and Cork. As Senior Resident Engineer you will be based on site in Kildare & Greater Dublin and be responsible for the on-site supervision of the construction stage of contracts and shall perform the duties allocated. The Senior Resident Engineer’s primary role is to ensure that works are constructed as designed and instructed and that the Contractor carries out all their obligations under the contract.
- Ensure that the works are constructed as required and that the Contractor carries out all their obligations under the contract.
- Organise and ensure adequate supervision of construction works on the site.
- Maintain a comprehensive diary constituting a detailed work history of construction work and significant happenings on the site.
- Ensure that all day work records and all variations from specification are approved and documented prior to execution.
- Keep record of all information relating to delays, industrial disputes, adverse physical conditions and disputes with sub-contractors and landowners.
- Attend regular site meetings and ensure that proceedings are minuted for circulation to all relevant personnel.
- Assist with the administration of the contract (Capital Works Management Framework Public Works Contract)
- Be aware at all times of the duties of contractors, sub-contractors and others under Safety, Health and Welfare at Work legislation
- You will report to the Director.
- Various bridge projects in the Leinster area:
- The works involve the rehabilitation of a number of bridges in the Leinster area.
- Waterproofing and resurfacing of the deck, additional drainage, expansion joint replacement, bearing repair and parapet repair.
- Level 8 Degree in civil or structural engineering or equivalent.
- The successful Senior Resident Engineer must have minimum 10+ years’ experience acting as a Resident Engineer.
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience acting as a Resident Engineer on bridge engineering projects.
- Must have a high standard of technical training and experience including, administrative experience.
- Driving license essential.
- Excellent salary circa €70k – €75k+ (depending on experience)
- Bonus – dependent on company performance + tax free bonus at Christmas
- Pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Accredited CPD programme
If you are a Senior Resident Engineer considering a career move, send your CV or contact Alice Condon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin. 15130