Senior Planner required for a leading main contractor to work on a large 2-year project in Athlone. The successful Planner will develop, coordinate, integrate and manage project schedules on a diverse array of projects and will have suitable experience of developing and managing complex project schedules through their full project life cycle and working with multi-discipline Engineering, Design, Construction Management and Commissioning & Qualification teams. Planners with 4 years’ experience in Project Scheduling of capital projects in Ireland or the UK from design through to construction and commissioning with a successful record in delivery in fast-track environments are preferable.
- Planning & Scheduling for New Projects
- Establishing project objectives and ensure goals & timelines are achieved
- Responsible for development and management of project schedules and project controls tools
- Identification of project milestones, monitor & report on same
- Lead / Host Interactive Planning Workshops
- Critical Path development & analysis
- MS Project and Primavera Scheduling tools
- Liaising with project management team with regular schedule performance status reports
- Provide valued input to Constructability Reviews
- Establish project schedule resource requirements
- Develop and Communicate tools for the target completion of project goals
- Provides performance updates / reports views for identification of variances and corrective action
- 4 years’ experience in a similar role with a developer or Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- Advanced user/expert in the use of Primavera P6, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- NEC Contract experience preferrable
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication & people skills
- Good time management skills
- Self-starter and decision maker
- Self-starter and can-do-attitude is a must for this role
- Basic salary circa €70k -€80k
- Benefits package
If you are a Senior Planner considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson 0861451302 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.