Senior Mechanical Engineer – Job Ref: 12793
Senior Mechanical Engineer needed to join a highly respected, award-winning international multi-disciplinary consultancy Dublin. This role will involve working on large scale projects using international expertise and comes with excellent career progression opportunities. The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will report to the Technical Director as well as the other company Directors and be responsible for of a range of projects, some of which are detailed below.
- Airport – €200M
- Education – €80M
- Housing – €15M
- Industrial – €30M
- Commercial – €20M
- The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for leading a team of 6 engineering staff, taking projects from inception to completion whilst working closely with clients
- Coordination of Mechanical and Electrical Design Team to achieve project deliverables
- Technical input and support for M&E Design Team
- Coordination of design with other design disciplines and equipment suppliers
- Ownership of equipment modules and packages through design and procurement phases
- Completion of Design Risk Assessments
- Participation in Technical and Safety reviews
- Interfacing with Client Design Team/end users
- Prepare Scope of Work Documentation
- Prepare M&E Project Specifications
- Understanding & interrogation of thermal models
- Honours Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer should have minimum 10 to 15 years’ post graduate Building Services design experience within an engineering consultancy in Ireland or the UK.
- Chartership is essential
- The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will be experienced in mechanical & electrical design and engineering techniques.
- Track record of leading and coordinating a design team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ideal Senior Mechanical Engineer will have a proven track record in a client facing role
Salary & Benefits:
- €65k to €75 – DOE
- 25 Annual Leave days
- Double pension contribution – once 6-month probation is passed
- Phone and laptop
- Social club
- CPD training & upskilling
- Educational assistance
- Strong career progression potential
If you are a Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer looking for your next career move, please contact Jennie Hoare. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.