Senior Engineer required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on a Hotel Project in central Dublin. The ideal candidate will have strong setting-out experience and have worked on RC Frame projects in the past ideally for top building contractors in either Ireland or the UK. Our client has a great reputation in the industry really looks after their staff and supports their career development. This is the ideal role for the Site Engineer who has about 5 years post-graduate experience and wants to forge a career with a company who are working on some of the largest and most iconic projects in the country at the moment
- Conduct your work in a safe manner
- Ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with work colleagues and Design Teams.
- Review detailed design, critique and communicate with designers
- Coordinate the development of design from designer’s details to approved workshop drawings or technical information from subcontractors.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards
- Follow direction as part of a team and attend meetings as required.
- Ensure setting-out information is relevant and available in a format that can be easily communicated
- Manage and lead a team of engineers and sub-contractors.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site.
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure program targets are achieved.
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records and records of discussions/meetings with designers and subcontractors.
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work and contractual awareness.
- A third level degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a site engineer
- Experience working with a main building contractor in Ireland or the UK
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc.
- Proactive and driven person with a strong desire to make progress backed by a strong level of construction knowledge.
- Travel allowance / Company van
- Great benefits package
- Strong opportunities to progress into project management
If you are a Senior Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 22 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.