Senior Electrical Engineer – Job Ref: 12723
Senior Electrical Design Engineer is needed to join a well-established and progressive engineering mechanical and electrical consultancy in their Dublin or Cork office. The successful Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for of a range of projects, some of which are detailed below.
Please contact Jennie Hoare for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Mixed-Use Developments – €160Mil
- Healthcare Projects – €2Mil to €13Mil
- Student Accommodation – €30Mil to €50Mil
- Residential – €10Mil to €60Mil
- Lead and manage full Electrical Design on projects of all sizes demonstrating Client care at all times.
- Fulfil electrical design work as required.
- Provide quality control for Electrical Engineering projects across all offices.
- Project cost control.
- Management of both project teams and cross-functional teams within the organisational structure.
- Lead change in new systems and technologies.
- Mentor and develop less experienced Engineers.
- Assist modellers to produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings.
- Travel to client and project locations as required to represent EDC for meetings/ surveys/training etc.
- Minimum Degree qualification in Electrical Design Engineering
- Chartership advantageous
- 7 to 9 years of Electrical Building Services Consultancy Design experience.
- Expert user of the following: Amtech, Relux/Dialux.
- Experience with Autodesk Applications (AutoCAD/Design Review/Revit/Revit MEP) desirable.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Electrical design areas: Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power and Data, Fire alarms, CCTV & Intruder Alarms, MV/LV Power Distribution, Containment and BMS.
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Excel at working on several projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritise and plan work.
- Commercial sector knowledge/experience.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) experience will be advantageous.
- €60,000 to €65,000 – dependent on experience
- Paid Overtime
- Pension Scheme
- Excellent Career Progression
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
If you are an Electrical Design Engineer looking for your next career move, please contact Jennie Hoare. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.