Senior Electrical Engineer – Job ID: 12415
Senior Electrical Engineer needed to join a progressive Building Services Engineering Consultancy practice in Dublin. The Senior Electrical Engineer will work on a varied portfolio of projects and will have an opportunity to lead electrical services design on various sized projects. Projects span various sectors including Commercial, Hotel, Residential, Cultural, Healthcare, Third Level Education and Conservation.
Please call Jennie Hoare on 086 609 8473 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Designing and reviewing design work of junior engineers.
- Compilation of Specifications for Electrical Services and Installations.
- Ensuring full co-ordination between specifications and drawings.
- Estimating, cost control, compiling project reports.
- Project planning, conceptual design studies and reports.
- Training and professional development of junior and intermediate engineers working as part of group.
- Building client relationships and acting in a client facing role.
- Liaising with architects, clients and other stakeholders to set the constraints of the electrical design and co-ordinate with all other disciplines.
- Responsible for ensuring best-practice engineering expertise throughout the company is implemented and improved, while also progressing the development of Graduate Engineers and Technicians through mentoring and overseeing their work.
- Degree in Building Services Engineering or similar Electrical based accreditation is essential.
- Chartership, or in the process of gaining Chartership is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ postgraduate experience along with evidence of career progression and management of (or significant input into) small to medium scale projects.
- Ability to lead projects and be able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver and control the tasks required.
- Demonstrable experience of client-facing roles, an appreciation of and an understanding of the importance of prompt and efficient response and resolution to client needs.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD is essential, and experience of Revit is a distinct advantage.
Competencies and Aptitudes
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in the pursuit of team objectives.
- Excellent negotiation skills with outstanding verbal & written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with excellent Excel skills and relevant Technical software tools
- Clean driving licence.
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary circa €60,000 to €70,000 – depending on experience
- Matched company pension contribution up to 5%
- 20 Days + 1 No. day per year of service up to 25 days
- Mobile phone, laptop, tablet provided
- Top of the line offices in an excellent location
- Excellent Company Culture
If you are a Senior Electrical Engineer looking for your next career move, please call Jennie Hoare on 086 609 8473. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.