Our client is an international project and construction cost consultant, providing a full range of management and specialist services spanning project life-cycles. Some of their recent projects have included data centres, commercial, industrial, retail, educational, public sector, leisure, healthcare, residential and civil engineering.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced senior level Quantity Surveyor with previous experience within a cost consultancy organisation in Ireland. The successful Quantity Surveyor will report to a Director and assist in managing multiple projects simultaneously. Some of the projects will include mission critical projects, so previous involvement in similar type projects is desired, but not essential.
Other duties and responsibilities include cost planning, negotiating, and agreeing variations, final accounts, issuing interim valuations, identifying risks and opportunities, commercial management, administration and reporting to key stakeholders.
The successful candidate must be commercially aware, flexible and have ambition to progress within the organisation. Drive and determination to manage strict budgets to ensure the commercial success of projects is essential.
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of degree level qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Preferably hold professional membership to SCSI or RICS
- 6-10 years’ post qualification experience within a cost consultancy environment
- Ambitious and committed to delivering an excellent standard of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Compiling contract documentation, cost reports, preparing monthly valuations, preparation and agreement of final accounts and review / resolve claims
- Ability to work on your own initiative and within a team environment
- Currently based in Ireland with recent experience managing projects in Ireland in line with current industry
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Bonus – discretionary
- Life Assurance
- Paid annual institute membership subscriptions
- 25 days leave
If you are a qualified Quantity Surveyor with experience within a consultancy environment in Ireland and looking for your next career move, please forward your CV to Deborah Byrne for a confidential discussion.