Quantity Surveyor required to join a Main Building Contractor. The role will be based in Kilkenny on a €15m redevelopment project. The successful QS will have previously worked on project over the value of €10m.
This is the ideal role for a Quantity Surveyor looking to leave Dublin and secure a role in the greater South Leinster area. Reporting to the QS Director, you will also work closely with the onsite management time to ensure the timely and within budget delivery of the project.
Please contract Keith Conlon on 0861893835 for more information.
- Administration of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate.
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues
- Attend and provide input to relevant customer/client commercial meetings
- Provide input to contracts with client’s representatives
- Provide and control strategy of commercial contracts with client’s representatives.
- Minimum of 4 years working on large scale projects for a main contractor as a Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum Degree qualification or higher
- Experience working with a main contractor on large scale civil engineering projects
- Familiar with Irish contracts
- Enthusiastic, motivated individual required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Possess ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Salary €50k-€60k
- Company Vehicle / Travel allowance
- CPD programme
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.