PLC/Automation Engineer required for Ireland’s number one service and maintenance provider to the water and wastewater sector. This will be a permanent full-time position based in Carlow office with the option for remote working if preferred.
- This role is suited to an Automation Engineer who has a strong demonstrable PLC background, strong interpersonal skills and has a proven track record in the industry and an ability to work under pressure.
- The role is predominately office based with requirement to attend site during commissioning phases. The major part of this role involves PLC programming and SCADA development.
- The work will involve tendering, design and installation of projects in water, wastewater and industry. The Automation Engineer shall design program and commission projects from initial Control philosophy development to site handover.
- Managing automation projects personally from initial brief through design, development of FDS, programming, FAT’s, commissioning and providing all support and documentation to other departments and client.
- Control, development and modification of software on a variety of PLC systems.
- Design of automation systems and networks.
- Liaising with all other departments to ensure project delivery on time and to quality standards.
- On-site support for project installation and emergency call-outs
- Minimum of 3 years experience in PLC solutions with a min of 2 of the following (ABB, Schneider, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi or Motorola)
- Experience of automation of electronic instruments and drive networks,
- Demonstrable experience in controls systems design and application
- Knowledge of all Microsoft office applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment industry
- Customer focused
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Clean Irish driving license
- Salary circa €50k – €60k DOE
- Company vehicle
- Remote working available
If you are a PLC/Automation Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.