A large and very well-established multi-disciplinary contractor is currently seeking an experienced Pipe Testing Engineer for a project in Kildare. This contractor manages a range of complex engineering projects including Data Centres, Pharmaceutical, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services, Healthcare & Building Services. This contractor invests heavily in training, providing a brilliant opportunity for career progression.
Please call Joe Newman on 086 075 7193 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Ensuring all pipe testing is completed in accordance with ASME B31.3, project specifications and to the Project QA plan.
- Liaise with construction teams and sub-contractors regarding test boundaries.
- Liaise with the project planner regarding all scheduled mechanical pipe testing. Ensuring all test packs, materials,
- Prepare and agree test completion criteria and close out documents.
- Manage all aspects of test packages including Test Pressure (PSI), Test Durations (hours), Test Medium, Fill Volume and Fill duration calculations.
- Manage all aspects of pneumatic tests and liaise with main contractor prior to commencement.
- Working with the test coordinators to ensure test materials, manpower and schedule are in place.
- Must have 8+ years post qualification experience in a Mechanical/Process construction environment.
- Must be driven and be able to work off their own initiative.
- Degree in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or relevant trade background required.
- Must have proven experience in Pipe testing. This is not a commissioning role.
- Must have worked with an M&E Contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- Must have good commercial awareness and be a client facing individual.
- Proven track record of having coordinated testing schedules and led testing teams large projects.
- Good knowledge of ASME B31.3 is essential.
- The successful candidate must be in Ireland or the UK at present and be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
- Salary €60,000 to €70,000 DOE
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Full Benefits package on application
If you are a Pipe Testing Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.