Mechanical Engineer (Principal) – Job Ref: 13474
Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer (Principal) to join a leading, highly respected, multidisciplinary global engineering consultancy. This company has a strong reputation for rewarding their staff & offer excellent career progression.
The successful Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for a portfolio of projects and will be expected to take them from initial brief through scheme & detail design to installation and commissioning support.
- Commercial – €25M+
- Industrial (Labs / Cleanrooms) – €30M+
- Healthcare – €15M+
- Retail – €35M+
- Leisure – €25M to €80M
- Educational – €10M
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will manage the mechanical design delivery of multiple projects from concept through to completion.
- Provide technical oversight / strategic guidance / audit & review to other projects being completed within the team.
- Provide continuous improvement and development across the engineering team.
- Prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resources and programme.
- Be responsible for the management, mentoring and development of staff.
- Act as client liaison and discipline technical lead on projects.
- Define engineering strategies and procedures in conjunction with other employer offices across the UK and Ireland.
- Manage the commercial delivery of multiple projects including cash flow and resource management / projection.
- Attend project and Client meetings.
- Prepare planning, design and feasibility reports.
- Ensure that project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Programme.
- Understand and implement employers Quality Management Policy, including performing QA checks on projects.
- Be familiar with BIM standards and BIM project delivery.
- Understand and implement employer Safety Health and Environment Policy.
- Communicate effectively with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design team members.
- Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will have a minimum of 10 years experience in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services design, including areas such as developing detailed design drawings and calculations, specification writing and compiling technical schedules.
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience in leading / managing mid – large projects from concept through to completion.
- A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs covering for example, Commercial, Education and Residential projects.
- A track record of having delivered low energy, sustainable designs.
- Excellent knowledge of Part L of the Building Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Experience of managing and maintaining Client relationships.
- Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be familiar with Irish Building Regulations.
- €65,000 to €75,000 – dependent on experience
- 25 days AL + 2 paid CSR days
- Pension up to 6% matching
- Healthcare & life assurance
- Laptop & Phone
- Excellent career progression and in-house training
- Flexible re remote working
- Tax saver & bike to work scheme
If you are a Mechanical Engineer looking for your next career move, please contact Joe Newman. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.