M&E Quantity Surveyor required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work out of our client’s Dublin Office. Our client has a great reputation in various sectors such as pharmaceutical, semiconductor, industrial, food, commercial and retail industries as well as various others. The M&E QS will have responsibility for several projects and report to the commercial manager. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in quantity surveying and will have local market M&E experience.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting
- Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings
- Displays high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages
- Proven track record in Commercial / Industrial Projects
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision. Must be highly flexible with a high level commitment to success.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal skills
- Liaising and reporting to the, the Project Director and the Contracts Manager.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives
- Attend regular site meetings
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects in conjunction with Head Office Team.
- Negotiating new projects and fixed price premiums which are cost effective
- Organising and chairing pre-award meetings with new sub-contractors
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Processing fortnightly / monthly sub-contractor payment certificates
- Compiling the variation log an signing off on variations with Project Quantity Surveyors
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Project Quantity Surveyor and correlating payments received.
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
- Cost monitoring and reporting using construction computer software and attending monthly cost reporting meetings
- Cash flow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts
- Keeps abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
- Where required provide leadership, motivation and mentoring to intermediate & Junior Quantity Surveyors so as to encourage optimum performance.
- Perform Other Duties and Projects as assigned
- Excellent salary circa €75k – €85K
- Top benefits package.
- Excellent career development.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
If you are a M&E Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.