Junior Quantity Surveyor required to a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on a prestigious large-scale mixed-use development which will be one of the tallest buildings in Dublin when complete. The successful Junior QS will be responsible for directly liaising with and assisting the Intermediate and Senior QS on site to ensure the successful implementation of projects. The Junior QS will provide assistance in the areas of; budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various site meetings. As a member of the Quantity Surveying Team you will be provided with the opportunity to gain knowledge of all Quality Surveying duties and a high level of experience under the guidance of the Senior QS. In addition, the Quantity Surveyor will also be responsible for assisting the Senior QS in the day to day operational oversight of the key business areas including, responsibility for liaising with and promoting cooperation with other functions.
- Liaising and reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor;
- Attending Pre-Award Meetings with New Sub-Contractors;
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to Sub-Contractors;
- Working with the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the preparation of final account at the end of the project;
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Project Quantity Surveyor in conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor;
- Cost monitoring and reporting using Construction Computer Software;
- Reviewing Tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects;
- Purchasing and monitoring Sub-Contractors packages on site;
- Handling Sub-Contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments;
- Processing fortnightly/monthly Sub-Contractor payment certificates;
- Compiling variations and the variation log.
- Diploma / Degree in Quantity Surveying;
- Preferably 2 years Quantity Surveying experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team.
- Starting Salary: €35k– €40k DOE
- Training and career development plan
- Travel allowance
If you are a Junior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 22 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.