Junior Health and Safety Officer:
Junior Health and Safety Officer required for a leading Electrical Engineering company to work in Enniscorthy, Wexford. The role will suit someone who is degree qualified who would like the opportunity to be trained into the lead health and safety officer position. The successful Junior Health and Safety Officer will work under highly experienced Managers and Engineers who will train the health and Safety professional within the Engineering industry.
Call Gearoid Hughes for a confidential discussion on 0860351825
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and RAMS (risk assessment statements)
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated and tested within company guidelines.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
- Hold a third level degree in Health and Safety
- Have 1+ years’ experience working as a Junior Health and Safety Officer
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Confident proactive and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- €30k – €40k – DOE
- Excellent career prospects
- Full Benefits package on application
If you are a Junior Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Gearoid Hughes for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 21 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.