Health & Safety Officer:
Health and Safety Officer with 3+ years’ experience required to join a well-established Main Building Contractor to work on 2 projects in Cork. Our client is significantly expanding their operations in the Munster region and will have a good pipeline of work in this area in the coming years. We are looking for a Health and Safety Officer with a few years’ experience who will have the ability to work on 2 sites. This role has the potential to expand to a regional management role in the future.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification /Diploma or higher.
- 2 years+ working as a Health & Safety Officer / Advisor on construction projects in Ireland or the UK.
- Must be proactive and be able to work as part of a team.
- Strong leadership skills and able to take the initiative.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- €50,000 – €60,000
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle fully expensed
- Benefits package (pension and healthcare)
If you are a Health & Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.