Health & Safety Officer required to join a leading Electrical Contractor at their offices in West Dublin. The successful applicant would be reporting into the Project Manager and Operations Manager and would be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the EHS adherence and compliance across their sites in Dublin.
Please call Joe Newman on 086 075 7193 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Conduct regular site inspections and report back in time for weekly management meetings.
- Assist the Project Managers and Operations Manager in ensuring that all sites are fully compliant and up to date in all Health, Safety & Workplace legislation laid out by the client.
- Ensure every site is adequately set up with a site-specific construction EHS Plan.
- Development and management of risk assessments & method statements.
- Assist with the development of SOP’s and provide training and communication to site personnel.
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated, and communicated.
- Communicate safety alerts through toolbox talk on a scheduled basis.
- Provide EHS project and documentation support.
- Advise site management on the training & first aid requirements for the project.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by the Operations Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role for an Irish/UK Construction or M&E contractor.
- A relevant EHS qualification.
- Experience working for an Electrical contractor would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external clients.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Salary €35,000 to €45,000 DOE
- Company vehicle
- Fuel card, Toll Tag and Paid Parking
- Excellent career progression opportunities
If you are an Health & Safety Officer who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.