Health and Safety Manager with 6 years+ construction site experience required to join a Tier 1 Main Contractor, to work on projects based in Dublin. This company is well respected in the industry and this role would be ideal for a Health and Safety Manager to work in on of the industries best companies. The successful Health and Safety Manager can expect to work on a variety of projects such as large scale commercial, residential, industrial, datacentre and pharma projects.
Contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion on
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Assist the BU HSE Manager in the consistent roll out of company strategy and expectations within SOPs, Guidance etc.
- Carry out high quality safety inspections of Sisk workplaces at a frequency and with the intrusiveness as coached by the BU HSE Manager.
- Perform risk reviews in absence of BU HSE Manager. Contribute to risk reviews (*).
- Attend sites following accidents/incidents and assist with the investigation. In the absence of the Project Director lead the investigation.
- Liaise with enforcement authorities if they attend site on routine visits or to investigate following an incident.
- Understand bespoke client requirements and tailor management system to same with line manager approval.
- Alert your line manager if there are signs of deterioration or lack of ownership to delivering expected Sisk and / or bespoke client safety requirements.
- Assist the BU HSE Manager with tender and prequalification submissions where requested advising on Health and Safety concerns as well as helping provide practical solutions.
- Attend Start Up meetings with Sisk site teams.
- Where requested attend other meetings with Client & supply chain (*).
- Coach staff at all levels in Health and Safety expectations and standards
- Implement the management system and coach and encourage others to use it appropriately.
- Foster innovative ideas for enhanced safety performance.
- Deliver appropriate training.
- Have and share knowledge and advice with teams on environmental principals and management.
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Very proactive.
- 6 years working as a Health and Safety Officer on Construction Projects (Building projects)
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Salary circa €70k-€80k
- Great benefits package
- Company vehicle / travel allowance
- Excellent career prospects
If you are a Health and Safety Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.