Health and Safety Officer with 2 years+ experience required to join a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on a hotel project in North Dublin. The successful Health and Safety Officer will have full EHS responsibility for this entire project. Our client is building some of the largest and most prestigious projects in the Dublin area the moment.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits an carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for Employees;
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc;
- Serving as contractor representative as Site meetings;
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for Main Contractor and Sub-Contractors personnel;
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that al relevant Certs are updated;
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential
- With 2+ years experience
- Previous experience managing safety on site
- Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills
- Experience in the construction industry
- Pension and other benefits
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 22 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.