Health and Safety Officer with 3+ years+ experience required to join a Tier 1 Main Contractor to in the Munster region on various large projects. Our client has a fantastic track record and a great reputation as an employer.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits an carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for Employees;
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc;
- Serving as contractor representative as Site meetings;
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for Main Contractor and Sub-Contractors personnel;
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that al relevant Certs are updated;
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- 3-5 Years’ Experience
- Safety, health and Welfare Qualification.
- Main Contractor Experience-essential
- Pharmaceutical Experience -essential
- ISO45001 experience would be a plus but not essential
- Pension and other benefits
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.