Health and Safety Advisor required for a leading Residential Developer to work on a project in North Dublin. This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual with a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The role will involve managing the EHS function on sites in the Leinster area. The EHS Advisor is an integrated part of the project team and is responsible for providing specialist advice and support on all matters relating to the Environment, Health, Safety and Welfare of site personnel, and company operations.
- Assist the QEHS Manager in achieving compliance with Environmental, Health, & Safety Legislation & Best Practice.
- Work co-operatively with the EHS team to further develop our function and management system elements associated with EHS.
- Work effectively with the Project Managers and Construction Teams with the implementation of the Integrated Management System and provide support to assist in managing day to day operations.
- Ensure the sites are adequately set up with a Construction EHS Plan and any supporting documentation.
- Assist with the development & review of internal and third-party RAMS to ensure appropriate safe working methodologies and adequate risk assessments are identified, reviewed and implemented.
- Carry out reactive and proactive monitoring of site operations.
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Communicate with site teams through Toolbox Talk and other mechanisms on a scheduled basis.
- Assist in ensuring statutory forms and inspections are complete and recorded in a timely fashion.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Relevant Health and Safety Diploma / Degree.
- The successful EHS Advisor will have 1-5 years’ experience on large construction projects, preferably with a main contractor.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- €45k – €55k DOE
- Excellent career prospects
- Benefits package
- Company vehicle
If you are a Health and Safety Advisor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.