*Dublin or Cork*
Geotechnical Engineer with 6-8 years’ experience, required to join a leading multidiscipline engineering consultancy. Our client is currently recruiting for a Geotechnical Engineer to join their Ground Engineering team. This company offers a multicultural and informal working environment where you can develop professionally by being part of a team who enjoy what they do. They put sustainability at the heart of their projects and invest in research and development that helps tackle issues such as climate change. Their current projects include a number of major inter-urban highways, metro and rail projects, Dublin’s BusConnects project, and a range of building developments across the residential, commercial, and science/technology sectors.
- The successful Geotechnical Engineer will take a lead role undertaking the geotechnical design for projects across a range of sectors both in Ireland and overseas.
- As Geotechnical Engineer you will be responsible for delivery of projects within budget and timeframes, liaising with multidisciplinary teams and clients, and for the management, direction, and development of junior staff.
- You will have strong technical skills in geotechnical design, construction, and ground investigations. The role also offers opportunities for project management of both geotechnical and multidisciplinary projects.
- This role will suit a Geotechnical Engineer who is positive, approachable, and well-motivated.
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in civil or structural engineering or equivalent.
- Should be Chartered or close to becoming Chartered with Engineers Ireland.
- The successful Geotechnical Engineer must have at least 6 – 8 years of experience in a technical role in geotechnical design and/or construction.
- Experience and ability in 3D modelling, GIS, scripting, or automation and their application to geotechnics would be an advantage.
- Awareness of contaminated land/waste and reuse of earthworks materials would be an advantage.
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent salary circa €55k – €65k+ (depending on experience)
- Remote working and flexible working hours
- Profit Share
- Income protection / Life assurance
- Accredited CPD programme
- Modern Offices
If you are a Geotechnical Engineer considering a career move, send your cv CV or contact Alice Condon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin.