One of Irelands leading contractors for electrical and mechanical installation services are currently looking for an Electrical Project Engineer for various locations in Ireland on a full-time permanent basis.
The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality, and sustainability. The Electrical Project Engineer will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover.
Please call Joe Newman on 086 075 7193 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site electrical engineering issues to include: the management, the planning, the testing and commissioning and the handover of all project systems.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and efficiency of processes, recommending change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes.
Qualifications / Skills
- An honours degree in electrical engineering.
- 2+ years experience within the Irish market.
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Renewable/Utility sector would be an advantage.
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Salary circa €40,000 – €50,000 – DOE
- Competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Pension Option
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking
If you are an Electrical Project Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please call Joe Newman on 086 075 7193, all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.