Electrical Project Engineer required for Ireland’s number one service and maintenance provider to the water and wastewater sector. This will be a permanent full-time position based in Cork and surrounding counties (site based role).
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of electrical personnel on site with other trades contractors.
- Provide engineering support to the project team.
- Work with our Project Team in the Co-ordination of site electrical installations and commissioning.
- Review and understand the Technical Specifications, Drawing and requirements of the works.
- Monitoring the site progress and comparing against the project programme.
- Compile Progress Reports for each site and report back to the Project Management Team.
- Scheduling of resources – sub contractors and CSL’s own electrical crews.
- Responsible for generating the Bill-of-Materials for each site and the prompt delivery to material and equipment to site.
- Ensure electrical crew have the required material on site. Identify any gaps and source alternatives.
- Assist with the management of the quotation request process and reviewing the received quotations.
- Identify possible risk and opportunities of each project.
- Assisting in the production of our operation and maintenance manuals.
- Assist with site inspections as required.
- Assisting the installation team, ensuring all work is installed in accordance with spec and manage the QA needs for the project ensuring compliance.
- Responsible for full Health & Safety compliance on site.
- Attend site Safety Audits and issue close-out reports.
- You will also be expected to carry out any additional duties that may be assigned to you by the Organisation from time to time.
- 4 years experience working with a recognised electrical contractor
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English.
- Must have a full clean drivers licence.
- Salary circa €55K – €65K
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop
If you are an Electrical Project Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.