Electrical Estimator required for one of Irelands largest contractors to work out of their office in South Dublin. The successful candidate would be reporting into the M&E Estimation Manager and would Mainly be supporting large scale Data Centre projects in Ireland and across Europe. This role would also offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work a Hybrid model where there time can be spent working part from the office and part from home.
Please call Joe Newman on 086 075 7193 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Obtain and negotiate pricing/quotes from local vendors and sub-contractors. Review for scope gaps and variances prior to inclusion in bid.
- Production of competitive tenders/detailed estimates for pre-design or design and build projects.
- Advising management of bid prospects.
- Attending pre & post tender interviews.
- Ensuring sub-contractor quotes comply with specification.
- Liaise with the construction team to cross reference actual costs vs quotations provided.
- Responsible for change management. Keeping up to date with pre-tender and post-tender, and analyse all changes. Schedule changes and apply updated rates to revised tender bids.
- Tender document control including drawing analysis and specifications for inclusion in BoQ’s.
- Use CostX estimation software for 2D and 5D applications.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Electrical Engineering or an Electrical Trade background.
- 3 Years+ experience as an Electrical Estimator.
- Must have worked with a contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- Must have excellent commercial awareness.
- Must display excellent time management as time is of the essence when preparing BoQ’s.
- The successful Electrical Estimator must have an EU or UK passport.
- Experience working on Data Centre or Pharmaceutical projects would be advantageous.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and CostX.
- Flexible to occasionally travel as the role requires. Travel in Ireland would be during normal working hours.
- Salary range: €55,000 to €70,000 DOE
- Hybrid working model
- Discounted healthcare
- Opportunity to complete further academic qualifications
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- All travel costs are covered when travel is required
If you are an Electrical Estimator who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.