Development Manager required for a Leading Developer based in central Dublin. You will be expected to lead their own projects across all aspects of the development process including options analysis, financial appraisals, presenting / reporting, planning applications, design development, project delivery, contract negotiations, service charges and liaising with leasing, sales and management teams. The successful development manager will join an excellent and ambitious team and will join a company which is renowned for being a great place to work.
- 5 years in similar role
- Ideally MSCSI/MRICS qualified;
- Experience of taking projects through the planning, pre-construction, construction and sales/leasing process;
- Proven experience of residential and/or commercial delivery with 7 years’ experience
- Experience of PRS ideal, but not essential.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly numerate with ability to apply these skills using Excel spreadsheet techniques for development schemes;
- Commercial understanding of the legal process in respect of establishing Development Agreements and applying the terms of the DA’s once they become live;
- Good understanding of the ‘due diligence’ process in respect of land development acquisition.
- Self-motivated with ability to work unsupervised;
- Analytical problem solver who looks for solutions;
- Ability to manage and motivate a team;
- Driven and ambitious.
- Leading on financial analysis/appraisal of development projects and preparing budgets in line with their projects;
- Managing external professional teams to deliver planning consents and design against agreed programme timescales and budgets;
- Understand existing Planning Consents and negotiate, with the LA, the detailed planning consents for their projects;
- Discharge of planning conditions;
- Working with the project management team to prepare the project for construction;
- Responsible for commercial inputs and profitability analysis of their project
- Liaising and negotiating with third parties including utility providers, Local Authority, AHB’s, stakeholder groups, resident/community groups etc. as necessary;
- Liaising and managing the construction partner to ensure on time and on budget delivery of the project;
- Liaising with the Sales and Marketing manager with regard to all aspects of the branding, marketing and sales/leasing of the development.
- Exploiting every opportunity to add value to existing and new developments;
- Working with the underwriting team in the preparation of the business case for new acquisitions.
- Basic salary circa €70k -€90k + (DOE)
- Health Insurance
If you are a Development Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson or a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.