Design Manager required for a Tier 1 main building contractor to work on the industrial and datacentre side of the business. Our client is very busy and will be able provide the successful Design Manager with a strong pipeline of interesting projects in a variety of sectors to work on in the coming years. We will consider candidates with no main contractor experience who want to move into this area.
- The Design Manager will report directly to a contracts manager
- Coordinate and track the submittal and approval process of Designs and materials ensuring client sign off and approval.
- Look at risk/design problems by finding solutions with our Design Team before they materialize.
- Develop look ahead plans.
- Plan and co-ordinate with project management teams
- Have good planning and programme skills.
- Should have a good understanding BCAR, TGD, environmental – health and Safety regulations.
- Attend Site Meetings and report on progress.
- Engineering / Architectural degree or similar
- Experience as a design manager with a main contractor / developer is preferred however we will consider candidates coming from an architectural practice or design office with applicable experience.
- Datacentre / Industrial experience is preferrable
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent salary circa €65k-€75k
- Strong benefits package
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
If you are a Design Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.