Due to the growing nature of the Rail business in Ireland, my client, a leading global consulting, construction engineering and operating firm are searching for an experienced Construction Manager to join their team. This role will be based out of head office in Citywest, Dublin working on large-scale projects.
- The Construction Manger shall be responsible for overseeing the review of the current construction methodology contained within the existing Preliminary Design and related documents produced by the current Engineering Designer.
- Based on this review, the role holder shall lead the update and development of construction methodologies and strategies and then determine the level of additional development required to provide the necessary level of detail for the tender documents across all contracts.
- The proposed construction methodologies and strategies shall include proposed phasing plans, construction programmes, construction methodologies, extent of temporary land take assessed for construction activities, environmental assessment, all of which are required for the construction of, inter alia, tunnels, stations and depots.
- In fulfilling their role, the Construction Manager shall define, in collaboration with the wider Design and Engineering team, best practice frameworks, guidelines, policies, processes, procedures and systems that provide a standardised approach to construction which facilitates integration and safeguards the delivery of the projects.
- Degree in relevant subject area e.g., engineering, construction, project management required, with a relevant post graduate degree preferable
- Senior: 10+ years’ experience in construction management with at least 5 years’ experience leading construction management activities across the project lifecycle through to completion in high value rail projects or projects of a similar scale / complexity.
- Intermediate: 5+ years’ experience in construction management and a proven track record of leading construction management activities across the or projects of a similar scale / complexity
- Tangible experience of driving best practice in technical activities, processes, policies and standards
- In-depth understanding of the design and delivery requirements of technically complex projects in the architectural / engineering / construction sectors
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing the improvement of process and providing guidance to support project delivery and reporting
- Knowledge of quality management and process improvement practices and systems is desirable, preferably within the construction sector
- Salary circa €75K – €85K neg DOE
- Benefits package
If you are a Construction Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.