CAD Technician – Job ID: 12735
CAD Technician is urgently needed to join one of Ireland’s leading consulting engineering firms in Central Dublin. The company have a large project portfolio including commercial, educational, biopharmaceutical, digital space, medical devices, waste treatment and food and drink sectors in Ireland, the UK and Europe. The successful CAD Technician will be responsible for draughting and delivery of MEP building services on multiple projects, some of which are listed below
- €350M Datacentre
- €30M Pharmaceutical Plant
- Multiple University projects
- Multiple Hotel projects
- Preparing 2D mechanical and electrical CAD drawings from engineer’s sketches.
- Preparing piping design drawings from piping design sketches.
- Management of CAD files, drawing registers and drawing issue sheets.
- Liaising with contractors, architects, surveyors, and others for drawing issue/management.
- Preparing, batch plotting and management of hard copy drawings for internal or external use.
- Proactive participation in the design process to maintain quality standards.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Computer Aided Design from city & guilds or equivalent
- The CAD Technician must have 1-2 years’ experience, ideally with a Mechanical & Electrical consultancy
- Candidates from other disciplines such: Civil, Structural and Architecture may also be considered
- This role may also suit Graduate Mechanical or Electrical Engineers looking to take their first step of their professional career
- Experience using Revit and other 3D software such as Plant 3D is not essential but a distinct advantage
- The successful CAD Technician must be in Ireland or the UK at present and be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary circa €30k – €35K DOE
- Time in lieu
- Free parking
- Remote working
- Mileage expenses
- Shower facilities
- Incentive packages
- Internal and external CPD
- Situated in central Dublin, close to Dart, Rail & Luas stations
If you are a CAD Technician and are looking for your next career move, please send your cv or call Jennie Hoare, all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.