My client specialises in the design, manufacture, supply, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure with all associated civil, mechanical, electrical, process and environmental activities within Ireland and the UK. They are looking for a CAD Technician to join their team in Cork. This role will be based in the office with occasional site visits.
- Experience in working in a wastewater / water treatment plant design/engineering office or similar industry experience.
- Experience working with Revit or similar 3D package. Experience using Plant 3D, intelligent P&IDs or Civil 3D would be advantageous. Additionally, it would also be good to have had some experience with rendering/visualisation softwares such as Enscape or Twinmotion.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and have experience with printing neat, accurate detailed drawings done to scale. Must also have some experience with site layouts, hydraulic profiles, drawing to scale and using co-ordinates.
- Previous experience in a drawing office would be advantageous. Experience also with registers, transmittals, up-revving drawings etc.
- The successful candidate will be based in the office 5 days a week. Occasionally there will be site visits.
- An M&E background is preferable, but ideally some knowledge of both M&E and Civil Engineering is preferable.
- The company offers health insurance and a pension.
- A full clean driver’s licence.
- Experience working in an ISO accredited background and working to and delivering on tight deadlines.
Salary & Benefits:
- €40,000 to €50,000
- Benefits package
If you are a CAD Technician considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.