Website https://twitter.com/gpc_ireland GPC Ireland
Be Less Busy
A progressive and award-winning architectural studio who are synonymous with excellent design, collaboration and sustainability are seeking to appoint an experienced Urban Designer to the team.
The successful Urban Designer will work on a range of urban design and master planning projects of varying complexities and scales. Their project expertise expands across regeneration, masterplanning and urban extensions.
Based in the Dublin studio, the Urban Designer will join a growing team and work on projects across Ireland. The ideal Urban Designer will be a team player, have at least 2 years urban design /masterplanning experience, possess excellent communication, presentation and design skills, who can work collaboratively as part of a team.
Skills & Experience required
- Be qualified to Degree / Masters level in Urban Design or Architecture
- Ideally 3 years post qualification experience working in Urban Design in Ireland, UK or across Europe
- Possess a good knowledge of planning policies and the planning process in Ireland along with an excellent knowledge of urban design best practice
- The ability to produce coherent and well resolved urban design concepts and masterplanning schemes
- Prepare drawings and reports for a range out outputs including strategic frameworks, masterplans, feasibility studies etc
- Have a good knowledge of technical standards, regulatory frameworks and health & safety requirements
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Exposure to private / public sector planning and urban design
- Be fully knowledgeable of building components and typologies along with the relationship to public space and urban infrastructure
- Good level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit (2D &3D)and adobe suite, knowledge of ArcGIS beneficial
- Excellent analytical, report writing, presentation, graphics and 3d design skills
- Team player, self-motivated with attention to detail
- A passion for excellence, and a desire to embrace new and innovative thinking
- Must hold eligibility to work in Ireland
Salary & Benefits:
- €45k-€50k doe
- Generous Holiday allowance
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
If you are an experienced Urban Designer / Senior Urban Designer with previous success delivering projects, please forward your cv to Deborah Byrne for further details.