Tendering Engineer required for Ireland s number one service and maintenance provider to the water and wastewater sector. This will be a permanent full-time position based in Carlow.
- Reporting to Senior Management this individual will be required to work on their own initiative based upon external and internal tender and project inquires.
- Prepare and analyse project costings for tenders, including materials, quantities, labour and time.
- Compiling tender documentation for submission to client. Variation of small to large project works.
- Maintaining log of all inquiries and following up with Clients for approval/feedback.
- Liaising with relevant staff, suppliers, & clients and building relationships.
- Technical sales/service support to existing and new customer base.
- Review and assessment of tender documentation (drawings, specifications and works requirements) issued by the client.
- Obtaining quotations from suppliers and sub-contractors
- Managing opportunities from prequalification through to contract award.
- Managing quality /technical and price submissions.
- Contract review and risk management.
- Submission of tender clarifications.
- Full responsibility for the quality and standard of all tender / quote submissions.
- Ensuring that technical and commercial marks are maximised.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound Tenders.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Compiling and collating documentation, schedules and data sheets etc. for inclusion into final formal proposal submissions (both commercial and technical).
- Preparing material, labour, plant and subcontractor cost analysis spreadsheets.
- Preparing preliminary programmes.
- Considering site safety, health and environmental issues.
- Review & report tender performance on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure post-contract award processes are adhered to and including handover to the project teams
- 5+ years experience in mechanical/electrical engineering environment.
- 3rd level Qualification in Engineering/Technology
- Knowledge of water industry an advantage but not essential
- Good knowledge and experience in quoting, tender preparation and submissions
- Excellent IT skills, interpersonal skills & communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong administration experience
- Drivers Licence
- Ability to work on their own initiative while working alongside a supportive team
- A demonstrated commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Work closely with all parties to meet the business objectives.
- Salary circa €50k – €60k DOE
If you are a Tendering Engineer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.