Due to continued growth, one of our clients are recruiting for a Site Engineer for their Engineering team covering the East of Ireland. This client is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. The role will involve travel to a number of projects, with the initial project being in North Dublin region.
- All setting out & surveying of the sites civil and non-civil.
- ESB Ducting experience is preferred
- Measuring actual materials used and reconciles with theoretical measure, reporting and investigating reasons for differences
- Preparation of internal progress reports
- Logging project progress and ensuring program is being met
- Checking plans & interpret construction drawings
- Contributing to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce
- Attending Site meetings
- Liaising with the client and the design team
- Ensuring all materials are as per specification
- Assisting in the overseeing quality control & health and safety
- Material quality management
- Promoting TLI safety processes and procedures by promoting the wearing of relevant PPE.
- Any other reasonable work-related tasks
- Management of subcontractor staff working on the project
- Sc. (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent Level 8 or above
- A valid driving license
- Understanding of Permit to Dig System
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, CAD
- Experience within the utilities sector
- Ability to use level & EDM, plus GPS (Training can be provided)
- Salary circa €45k – €55k
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Company Vehicle
If you are a Site Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.