My client, one of Ireland s leading Civil Engineering contractors are now searching for a Junior Setting Out Engineer. The successful engineer will be working on a large project in Portlaoise.
- Set out the works
- Disseminate information from drawings, specifications, etc. to foremen, operatives, subcontractors, so that they clearly understand what is required
- Test materials as directed by your supervisor/line manager in accordance with the relevant specifications
- Record all daily activities, relevant information, and occurrences in your site diary
- Record and report on work progress including that of subcontractors to your manager
- Conduct your work in a safe manner and adhere to all Health & Safety regulations
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all personnel.
- Maximize profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work
- Follow directions and attend meetings as required
- A third level qualification in Engineering
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in setting out or site engineer preferable.
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred in Ireland or the UK
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Salary €40k – €50k DOE
- Benefits package
If you are a Setting Out Engineer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.