Senior Mechanical Estimator – 16964
Senior Mechanical Estimator required to join a Tier 1 Main Contractor at their office in Dublin. The successful candidate would be reporting into the Estimation Manager and would be supporting large scale Data Centre projects in Ireland and across Europe.
Please call Joe Newman for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Obtain and negotiate pricing/quotes from local vendors and sub-contractors. Review for scope gaps and variances prior to inclusion in bid.
- Production of competitive tenders/detailed estimates for pre-design or design and build projects.
- Advising management of bid prospects.
- Attending pre & post tender interviews.
- Ensuring sub-contractor quotes comply with specification.
- Liaise with the construction team to cross reference actual costs vs quotations provided.
- Responsible for change management. Keeping up to date with pre-tender and post-tender, and analyse all changes. Schedule changes and apply updated rates to revised tender bids.
- Tender document control including drawing analysis and specifications for inclusion in BoQ’s.
- Use CostX estimation software.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Mechanical Engineering or a Mechanical Trade background.
- 5 Years+ experience as a Mechanical Estimator.
- Must have worked with a contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- Must have excellent commercial awareness.
- Must display excellent time management as time is of the essence when preparing BoQ’s.
- The successful Mechanical Estimator must have an EU or UK passport.
- Experience working on Data Centre or Pharmaceutical projects would be advantageous.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and CostX.
- Flexible to occasionally travel as the role requires. Travel in Ireland would be during normal working hours.
- Salary range: €90,000 to €100,000 DOE
- Healthcare scheme
- Opportunity to complete further academic qualifications
- Excellent career progression opportunities
If you are a Senior Mechanical Estimator who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion.