Our client is an International Water Infrastructure specialist, employing over 570 people and operating across Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe. They have an immediate vacancy for a Senior Engineer to join their contracts team based in the West of Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced and innovative company. Predominantly site-based with hybrid working model also.
- Project manage all aspects of water and wastewater pumping and treatment installations primarily focused on Mechanical/Electrical/ICA requirements with minor civil works included.
- On Contract award, review tender submissions and develop plan for contract delivery.
- Take the lead on Contract Design, considering innovative solutions and opportunities for off- site manufacture.
- Lead & mentor a team of engineers in the delivery of new & existing contracts.
- Oversee commercial matters arising during Contract delivery – from supporting Project engineers with procurement from supply chain, negotiating sub-contracts to managing commercial matters with Clients
- Monitoring Project programmes for multiple contracts
- Co-ordinating regular Contract review meetings with the contracts Team
- Ensuring monthly invoicing targets are being achieved
- Creating project programmes and ensuring that all required project interfaces are allowed for, from design to final site commissioning & handover
- Liaising & co-ordination of all works with the Client and relevant stakeholders
- Management of all site labour, including subcontractors
- Ensuring projects are completed safely, on time and within budget
- Writing engineering reports, reviewing method statements and commissioning schedules
- Ensuring procedures are in place which facilitate the safe delivery of Contracts
- Third level Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Full clean driving licence
- Proven experience & ability to manage, mentor and improve team members.
- Proficiency in PC skills.
- Experience in mechanical & Electrical design and ability to review and interpret specifications.
- Experience and knowledge of various process designs in the Water & Wastewater Treatment sector.
- Proving track record in delivery of projects with a mechanical & electrical focus.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and waste water Industry.
- Proven experience in delivery of projects with strong emphasis on H & S.
- Salary circa €60k – €70k DOE
- Excellent Benefits package
If you are a Senior Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.