My client, one of Ireland s leading providers of renewable energy solutions are now searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team. This role will be based out of their Waterford office with Hybrid working. The role would suit an experience solutions-based engineer looking to further their career towards Engineering Manager over time and in line with the company s growth strategy. The ideal candidate must have experience in Irish EPC Market as the position will be the go to person for all electrical queries from the company and clients.
- Interface and management of clients, contractors and utility companies to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Assist all junior staff on technical queries on their projects and assist the sales team with client queries at tender stage.
- Complete electrical designs and design reviews to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in specifications.
- Review of Employers Requirements for individual projects and assistance with preparation of same for Tendering and Contract purposes.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay to maintain Project Programme.
- Monitor submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of key long lead items.
- Review engineers designs to ensure compliance with employers requirements and requests
- Site attendance to inspect and supervise keys works to ensure the expected quality is been delivered.
- Witness site acceptance tests for all major electrical plant and attend factory acceptance tests where required.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- Review and answer technical queries from site during the construction and commissioning phases in relation to specifications, drawings, materials, equipment and solutions to issues as they arise.
- Specify all manner of electrical equipment
- Carry out cable sizing calcs, breaker settings
- On site commissioning where required
- Work as an integral part of the commissioning process and review commissioning requirements where required.
- Interface with respect to initial dispatch tests on renewable projects during commissioning phase and until maximum export capacity is achieved.
- Qualification in Electrical Engineering (or suitable experience)
- Minimum relevant experience of 5 years
- Proven experience in the design and construction of LV/HV/MV networks
- Proven experience in design and construction of wind/solar electrical works packages is desirable
- Salary circa €65k – €75k DOE
- Hybrid Working
- Excellent Benefits package
If you are a Senior Electrical Engineer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.