Due to continued growth, new contracts and an extensive pipeline of work, a top Civil Contractor has an exciting opportunity for a reliable and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor with a proven track record. This role will be based in head office in Co.Clare and will travel to sites once or twice per week.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Commercial Director and project team and will be responsible for managing the Quantity Surveying functions of the contracst to maximise commercial success and profitability.
This is an excellent opportunity for career driven individuals to grow and develop within one of Ireland’s fastest growing engineering companies.
- Monitoring and maintaining reporting arrangements, resources and client relationships.
- All Quantity Surveying duties including re-measurement, preparation of monthly progress applications and settlement of final accounts.
- Preparation of interim progress applications for payment and internal valuations.
- Procurement of subcontractor and specialist suppliers.
- Interim payments and settlement of subcontractors final account.
- Negotiate with client’s representatives and other consultants.
- Advise on commercial risks within the project.
- Preparation of monthly contract cost reports and management accounts information.
- Preparation of Cost Preliminaries.
- Ensure that sub-contract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in a Civils Quantity Surveying role.
- A broad knowledge of Public Works contracts
- A third level qualification in a construction-related discipline, preferably Quantity Surveying.
- Experience in the utility/civil engineering sector.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in water infrastructure projects would be a distinct advantage.
- Salary circa €75k – €85k
- Benefits package
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.