Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
A growing project and cost management consultancy in north Dublin have a new requirement for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have the opportunity to work with a market-leading cost management company and work on a varied project portfolio including healthcare, aviation, commercial and leisure developments.
Joining a recognised industry leader, the Quantity Surveyor will work within a team and provide the full range of Quantity Surveying duties from inception through to completion for a range of building projects.
Some of the duties will include, supporting the client’s procurement strategies, site meetings, preparing estimates, costing, tender documents, reports, measuring BOQ and providing post-contract services.
Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/clients.
*MUST hold eligibility to work in Ireland – ESSENTIAL*
The Quantity Surveyor will be:
- Educationally qualified with a in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- A minimum of 3 years+ post graduate experience (building project experience)
- Hold Chartered member of the MSCSI is desired, or working towards it
- Possess a broad knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting new and repeat business.
- Experience with both public and private sector clients on major projects and a working knowledge of RIAI, PWC and NEC forms of contract, is desired
- Commercially astute, work well as part of a team
- A good knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of project procurement options.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Strong IT skills including cost planning software (Cubit and Cost-X)
- Good organisational skills.
Salary & Benefits include:
- €55k-€70k depending on experience
- Professional subscriptions
- Bike to work scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Life Assurance
If you are an experienced Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor hold full permission to work in Ireland interested in this opportunity or other opportunities within the construction industry in Ireland, please email your CV to Deborah Byrne for further details.