Due to continued growth, one of my clients are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor. This client is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. This is a full-time position which can be based from the Kerry, Cork or Dublin office.
- Reporting to Senior management the Senior QS will be responsible for preparing payment applications, change management, Contract administration, subcontract management, profit and loss reporting, monitoring against Business plan and generally performing the Commercial function in the Project Management team.
- Responsible for all commercial functions on relevant projects.
- Assisting in the development of the business plan and high level strategy, monitoring progress against forecast and producing weekly profit and loss reports.
- Contract Administration
- Subcontractor Management
- Work with the Operation Directors / Senior Managers to ensure that projects spend costs are in accordance with the tender prices submitted and that change management processes capture changes and are embedded and enforced on all projects.
- Ensure that all Commercial tasks are dealt with in a timely, well presented and accurate manner in line with company commercial systems and procedures.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent QS qualification
- A proven track record of Commercial Management & Contract Administration on Projects up to € 5M
- Excellent Contract knowledge
- Commercially astute
- A working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills
- A full clean driver’s license and to be free to travel as required
- Salary circa €60k – €80k DOE
- Hybrid working
- 22 days annual leave
- Health Insurance Discount
- Death in Service payment and more
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.