Due to continued growth, new contracts and an extensive pipeline of work, one of Ireland s top Civil Contractors are hiring a Quantity Surveyor. Work may be a hybrid of head office in Naas, site and home working if required.
- Previous experience in public roadworks/ other heavy civil engineering experience will be an advantage. The Company s main areas of work include: Public roadworks, Airport civil infrastructure (airside & landside), Port infrastructure, main services infrastructure and major service diversions, structural concrete works, electricity substations, fuel industry pipelines/ bunds/ tanks/ other infrastructure, data centre groundworks/ civil works, various commercial enabling works
- Knowledge of various standard contract forms preferable – eg. NEC, Public Works, FIDIC – as well as different methods of measurement – eg. TII, CESMM, ARM (or UK equivalents).
- Must be committed to working in detail, ensuring good technical understanding of construction work/ methodologies is obtained as well as preparation of commercially sound and researched claims, valuations, final accounts, quotations and other commercial submissions. Work will also involve subcontract/ large supplier procurement, negotiation, measurement and settlement of accounts
- Depending on workload, some work assisting estimating/ tendering teams in the preparation of commercial and technical aspects of tender submissions may be required
- Previous experience in using estimating/ valuations database software is preferable. Company uses Candy software for this – all necessary training will be provided.
- Typically 3-7 years post-graduation experience.
- Position may also suit degree-qualified civil engineer/ construction manager who is interested in focussing their career more on the commercial side of civil engineering construction.
- Salary circa €55k – €65k DOE
- Competitive remuneration package offered, including salary, bonus, expenses, health insurance, pension, other.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.