A specialist Mechanical contractor is currently seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in Cavan. They are a specialist supplier who have grown significantly over the past few years offering solutions to Data Centre, Pharma and IT companies across Ireland, Mainland Europe and Worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with contract obligations and provide advice and monitoring of same to construction team.
- Compile monthly progress applications and ensure they are inclusive of accurate remeasure, site variations, dayworks or claims.
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department.
- Manage subcontractor accounts from initial award to interim valuation, variations and final account.
- The successful Quantity Surveyor will manage and forecast the turnover and cash flow of projects.
- Review and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate & reliable reporting.
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme / Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress.
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same.
- Academically (Degree) qualified in either Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or Engineering
- Ideally 5+ years experience in a Quantity Surveying role in a Construction/Engineering business
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
- Salary circa €70 – €80K
- Performance based bonus
- 21 days annual leave
- Expenses covered
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Gearoid Hughes for a confidential discussion 0860351825. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 22 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.