My client, an industry leader in the power and electric division is seeking a Quantity Surveyor (Electrical) to join their team working on several national projects. The successful candidate will report directly to the CCO (Chief Commercial Officer) and will provide support in Commercial/Operational areas. This role will be based out of the Cork head office.
This position requires somebody to ensure that everything is completed to the necessary quality, within the allotted budget and timeframe. It also requires that an individual be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, as well as possess excellent problem-solving skills, superior organisational and communication skills and the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
- Carrying out feasibility studies
- Cost control and cost benefit analysis
- Risk analysis evaluations
- Management of Monthly Valuations including additional Works
- Managing the Monthly/Weekly Cost/Value Reports
- Negotiating the cost of projects
- Procurement of Materials and Sub-Contractors
- Managing Sub-Contractors Accounts
- Remeasurement of Completed Works
- Estimating & assisting in the Preparation of Tender Submittals
- Management and Preparation of Weekly Wage roll
- Manage Project Costings and project finance reporting / progress tracking
- A primary Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- 3-4 years post qualification experience within the industry.
- 1 years electrical experience would be beneficial.
- Experience of MV/HV electrical work would be beneficial.
- Excellent Commercial knowledge and understanding
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages, including diagnostic skills
- Planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to juggle and manage many priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Salary circa €40K – €60K DOE
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunities to travel
- Career development
- Hybrid working
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy