Purchasing Manager required to join a leading Build and Civils Contracting company in Galway. This role will work on several projects across the western region.
As a Purchasing manager, you will be a key part of the senior management team, helping to achieve their vision, and achieve their significant growth plans. This is a senior leadership role and successful candidates will have excellent career trajectory opportunities.
- Identify, evaluate and onboard new suppliers ensuring they meet quality, pricing and reliability standards.
- Collaborate with management and accounts team to agree materials, labour and plant packages successfully.
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers and negotiate on behalf of the company to maximise financial efficiency.
- Obtaining quotes, placing orders, ensuring agreed rates and terms are set up with suppliers and agreeing rates to maximise financial efficiency.
- Procuring building materials, processing purchase orders and liaising with Project teams to ensure procurement aligns with project requirements.
- Liaising with suppliers and accounts payable team, ensuring budgets are strictly adhered to.
- Producing monthly / project end budgetary control reports on all materials purchased for each site – Tender Budget vs Actual.
- Procuring and hiring plant required on site including cabins, forklifts, fencing, transport etc.
- Report on procurement to MD and management team monthly.
- Comply with QEHS policies and procedures and ensure that documentation complies with ISO requirements.
- Assisting the estimating department with obtaining pre-tender quotations and resolving material specification issues.
- 3+ years experience in a buying/purchasing role, ideally in construction.
- Third level qualification in procurement/supply chain/business would be advantageous.
- Accuracy working with numbers and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast paced office environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills with ability to generate detailed reports.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Salary €50k – €70k neg DOE
- Benefits package
- Talent Development Programmes.
- Inclusive and supportive work environment.
- Funded Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
- Supportive work environment with a company that believes in investing in its staff.
- Being part of a company with a giving back ethos and a long established Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
If you are a Purchasing Manager considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.