Project Managers required to join a leading Build and Civils Contracting company based in Galway. This role will work on several projects across the western region.
You will be part of a growing company that is leading the way in modern construction methods using new technologies, sustainable materials and innovative building methods.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Develop project plans and schedules and execute plans to achieve agreed outcomes
- Comply with the Health & Safety aspects of the project in line with company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate project activities in accordance with company Quality System, Standard Quality Procedures and Engineering Specifications.
- Manage complete day to day life-cycle of project from initial stages through to hand-over.
- Meet agreed objectives in the areas of timely delivery, cost, quality and client satisfaction.
- Work to resolve critical site issues and take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Obtain all necessary internal permits.
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of project through leadership, management, technical & engineering expertise throughout the project life-cycle.
- Manage the day-to-day site operations of subcontractors on site.
- Manage the day-to-day internal finishes on site.
- Manage project in line with the agreed production targets and work flow of sub-contractors ensuring they are in line with the program of works on site.
- Agree sub-contractors’ long term and short term program and monitor performance.
- Ensure highest level of health and safety and Quality is upheld at all times.
- 5+ years experience in a PM role in construction.
- Ideally experienced in Public Contract construction.
- Must have experience Project Managing the construction of Residential developments.
- Third level qualification in construction management/Civil Engineering.
- Excellent delegation & organisational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of quality and safety management systems.
- Good IT skills with ability to generate detailed site reports.
- Ability to drive projects and work within strict deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety requirements within Irish construction sites.
- Full Irish driving licence.
- Salary €60k – €80k neg DOE
- Benefits package
- Talent Development Programmes.
- Inclusive and supportive work environment.
- Funded Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
- Supportive work environment with a company that believes in investing in its staff.
- Being part of a company with a giving back ethos and a long established Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
If you are a Project Manager considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.