My client, a top Building & Civil Engineering contractor who have extensive operations in a wide range of sectors in Ireland and the UK are now hiring a Project Manager. The successful Project Manager will be starting out on a large Pharmaceutical project in Cork.
As Project Manager, you must be capable of taking responsibility for a large project, where your key responsibilities will include Health & Safety, Design Management, Programme Management & Quality Control.
- Duties will include but are not limited to:
- With the ultimate goal of getting all stakeholders home safely, you must be a leader in supporting a culture of ‚ÄòPlan Safe, Work Safe, Home Safe .
- Ensuring that works are carried out in line with the principle of being ‚Äúa good neighbour‚Äù and maintain clear and constant lines of communication with neighbours at all times.
- Managing the Design Team, critiquing and challenging the design while ensuring information is available for procurement as required.
- Managing the Site Team and ensure clear programme and quality targets are communicated and delivered.
- Commitment to maximising value for the client and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Manage and build excellent relationships with sub-contractors.
- Understanding the relevant terms and conditions of the Contract.
- Working proactively with the Commercial team to manage the costs on the project and ensure targets are achieved.
- RFI s, CVI s, programme, Delays, EOT, Quality.
- Identifying and proposing areas for improvement in the company’s processes.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or NVQ level 5 or above.
- Proven track record of delivering construction projects to the highest quality with emphasis on safe and efficient construction at all times.
- Ability to build exceptional working relationships with supply chain, client team and internal CField teams.
- Proactive with strong problem-solving ability.
- Straight talking and takes responsibility.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Salary circa €70k – €90k DOE
- Benefits package
If you are a Project Manager considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.